Leak & Inventory
Leak Detection and Inventory Control Probes
- Easy to use and install.
- Uses innovative, magnetostrictive position measurement technology to report liquid levels.
- Highly stable performance.
- Unparalleled accuracy and performance when used with a Franklin Fueling Systems Automatic Tank Gauge.
- Screw-in electrical connector provides quick installation or removal eliminating the need to resplice wires.
- Intrinsically safe circuits for hazardous locations.
Theory of Operation
- An electromagnetic field is created inside the probe head and forms around a long waveguide within the probe shaft when position measurements are taken.
- The electromagnetic field interacts with the magnetic field of the float(s) and produces a shock wave in the waveguide that travels at a known speed.
- When the shock wave is detected at the probe head, the probe creates a signal that corresponds precisely to the product level.
- Product expansion calculations are enabled by temperature sensors that are located at various points in the probe shaft.
- Operating temperature: -40° to 140 °F (-40° to 60 °C).
- Storage temperature: -40° to 158 °F (-40° to 70 °C).
- Non-linearity: ±0.025% of full scale.
- Repeatability: ±0.001" (±25.4 µm).
- Temperature sensors: 5 thermistors located in the shaft (TSP-LL2 probe only).
- Temperature resolution: ±0.02 °F (±0.01 °C).
- Probe pigtail: 10' (3 m) long three conductors cable with shield and polyurethane jacket.
- Interface cable:
- 0' to 200' (0 to 61 m) - Belden™ 87760. (*)
- 0' to 400' (0 to 122 m) - Belden™ 87761. (*)
- 0' to 1500' (0 to 457 m) - Belden™ 89182. (*)
- Consult factory for others.
- Control Probe Materials :
- Shaft, E-ring and washer : # 316 stainless steel.
- Housing : anodized aluminum, MIL-A-8625C, Type 2, Class 2.
- Floats : nitrophyl, PVDF and nickel plated brass.
- Float kits must be ordered separately.
The LL2 Series of liquid level probes feature exceptional linearity, resolution and stability, and are used in underground and aboveground storage tanks. Two types of probes are manufactured for use with Franklin Fueling Systems Automatic Tank Gauges.
- The TSP-LL2 probe is typically used for underground storage tanks and petroleum applications when static or SCALD leak detection is required.
- The TSP-LL2-I probe is typically used for aboveground storage tanks, chemical or oil waste, or underground storage tanks that do not require in-tank leak detection.
- Probes are available in many sizes that are suitable for all common tanks.
- Easily installed into 2", 3" or 4" riser pipes.
- Probes can report the level of up to 3 floats.
- The TSP-LL2 is capable of precise leak detection, density measurement and inventory monitoring.
- The TSP-LL2-I is capable of inventory monitoring.
- Use the appropriate FFS suspension type installation kit to install all TSP-LL2 leak detection probes.
- Use the appropriate FFS bottom mount type installation kit for installing all TSP-LL2-I Inventory Control probes. These probes come with special hardware for installation on the tank bottom.
- Float kits must be ordered separately.
- UL, cUL, ATEX, IECEx
Model Description TSP-LL2-29 2' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-41 3' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-53 4' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-65 5' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-69 5'4" diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-77 6' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-81 6'4" diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-89 7' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-101 8' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-113 9' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-125 10' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-131 10'6" diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-137 11' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-149 12' diameter tank probe
- 1. Custom probe lengths are available; contact factory for price and delivery.
- 2. These probes are used with all Franklin Fueling Systems ATG consoles.
- 3. Float kits must be ordered separately.
Model Description TSP-LL2-29-I 2' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-41-I 3' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-53-I 4' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-65-I 5' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-69-I 5'4" diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-77-I 6' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-81-I 6'4" diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-89-I 7' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-101-I 8' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-113-I 9' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-125-I 10' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-131-I 10'6" diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-137-I 11' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-149-I 12' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-161-I 13' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-173-I 14' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-185-I 15' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-197-I 16' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-209-I 17' diameter tank probe TSP-LL2-221-I 18' diameter tank probe
- 1. Orders for probes larger than 149" cannot be canceled and are non-returnable.
- 2. Probes larger than 149" may require special floats and install kits. Contact FFS for more info.
- 3. These probes are used with all Franklin Fueling Systems ATG consoles.
- 4. Not for leak detection.
- 5. Float kits must be ordered separately.
- 6. Comes with bottom mount hardware. For replacement hardware kits, order TSSP-BMKT
Leak & Inventory Downloads