Measurement Float Kits
- Designed for applications involving 4" riser pipes.
- Each float set contains a product, density and water float.
- Available in Standard (3 kg/m3 accuracy) or Precision (1 kg/m3 accuracy) models.
- Floats are constructed of nitrile rubber and PVDF. Precision model density floats are also nickel plated.
- Water and product floats are colored red for gasoline and blue for diesel.
- Density and product floats are calibrated and must be maintained as a set.
- Theory of Operation: Density measurement is based on the distance between the calibrated product and density floats. As the density of the fuel changes, the gap between the floats will increase or decrease in proportion to the change. The tank gauge receives this information from the probe and uses it to calculate and display the current density of the fuel.
- Measurement accuracy: ±1.0 kg/m3
- Measurement resolution: ±0.1 kg/m3
- Minimum detectable product level with water float: 10.70”
- Minimum detectable product level without water float: 6.70”
Model Description Density Range TSP-IDF4D3 Standard diesel/fuel oil density float kit 790-900 kg/m3 TSP-IGF4D3 Standard gasoline density float kit 690-800 kg/m3 TSP-IDF4D Precision diesel/fuel oil density float kit 790-900 kg/m3 TSP-IGF4G Precision gasoline density float kit 690-800 kg/m3
- Note: Order one density measurement float kit for each magnetostrictive probe. Probes used with density float kits must have serial numbers greater than 6000000.