Mechanical Leak Detectors
Mechanical Leak Detectors
FE PETRO® brand MLD+ mechanical leak detectors provide precise leak detection for standard fuel and biofuel applications on 4" submersible turbine pumps. All models are capable of detecting line leaks equivalent to 3 gph at 10 psi (11.4 lph @ 0.70 bar).
PRECISION LEAK DETECTION
The MLD+ features a compact, yet rugged design to reduce installation height and provide accurate, hassle-free operation.
- Piston style construction with reduced volume allows the MLD+ to react quickly and provide more accurate leak detection capabilities.
- Burnished piston chamber provides smooth operation and long service life.
- Color coded covers easily identify the model to the application (gold for diesel and blue for gas).
- Opens completely to allow maximum product flow during fueling operation and remains open with discharge pressure as low as 1 PSI (0.07 bar).
- Compatible with FE Petro™ brand STPs, as well as competitive STPs and line leak detector housings.
- All models are capable of detecting line leaks equivalent to 3 gph at 10 psi (11.4 lph @ 0.70 bar) when installed properly with the appropriate fuels - all models will signal detection of leaks by restricting product delivery to less than 3 gpm (11.4 lpm) and taking more than 4 seconds to open
- All models will remain in the open position during product delivery to manifold, with discharge pressures as low as 1 psi (0.07 bar) - all models will reset to "tripped" when line pressure delay is below 3 psi (0.21 bar) with pump off
- Detects leaks up to 10 feet (3 meters) above the point of installation
- Max. liquid viscosity of 70 SSU at 60 °F (15 °C)
- Gasoline models (blue cover, MLD+G and MLD+AG) are also listed for fuel mixtures containing 20% MTBE, 20% ETBE or 17% TAME with gasoline as well as diesel fuels, fuel oils, kerosene, Avgas and jet fuels.
- Diesel models (gold cover, MLD+D and MLD+BD) are also listed for kerosene applications
- cULus listed.
- Third party certified to comply with US EPA requirements 280.41 (B) and 280.44 (A) for continuous monitoring of pressurized piping.
- Consult factory for other applicable approvals.
Standard Fuel MLD+ Mechanical Leak Detectors
|403168901||STP-MLD+G for gas, single pack (blue cover, copper vent tube, brass fittings)|
|403168903||STP-MLD+G for gas, three pack|
|403170901||STP-MLD+D for diesel, single pack (gold cover, copper vent tube, brass fittings)|
|403170903||STP-MLD+D for diesel, three pack|
|403172903||STP-MLD+D combo, three pack (contains two STP-MLD+G and one STP-MLD+D|
Biofuel MLD+ Mechanical Leak Detectors
|403169901||STP-MLD+AG for alcohol-gas, single pack (blue cover, stainless steel tube and fittings)|
|403169903||STP-MLD+AG for alcohol-gas, three pack|
|403171901||STP-MLD+BD for biodiesel, single pack (gold cover, stainless steel tube and fittings)|
|403171903||STP-MLD+BD for biodiesel, three pack|
- MLD+G are listed for compatibility with fuel mixtures containing up to 10% ethanol with gasoline, up to 5% biodiesel with diesel fuels, and 20% MTBE, 20% ETBE, or 17% TAME with gasoline.
- MLD+D models are listed for compatibility with diesel fuels with up to 5% biodiesel and kerosene applications only.
- MLD+AG models are listed for fuel mixtures containing up to 85% ethanol with gasoline and 20% MTBE, 20% ETBE, or 17% TAME with gasoline as well as diesel fuels, fuel oils, kerosene, Avgas and jet fuels.
- MLD+BD models are listed for diesel with up to 20% biodiesel or 100% biodiesel and kerosene applications only.
- All above models will only mount in the 2" NPT leak detector port of a 4" submersible turbine, including competitive models, or in a leak detector adapter tee (sold separately below).
- MLD+ models are listed for use with rigid pipelines up to 165.1 gallon capacity, with flexible pipelines up to 109.8 gallon capacity, and with combination rigid/flexible pipelines up to 274.9 gallon capacity.
MLD+ Mechanical Leak Detector Repair Parts & Accessories
|400440101||Vent tube (for use with MLD+G and MLD+D)|
|400449903||Hardware pack (fittings and documentation for MLD+G and MLD+D)|
|400449904||Hardware pack (fittings and documentation for MLD+AG and MLD+BD)|
|400518001||Leak detector Adapter tee|
|403123001||Vent tube, stainless steel (for use with MLD+AG and MLD+BD)|
|FFS-0391 MLD+ Mechanical Leak Detectors Datasheet.pdf||1.58 MB|
|FFS-0216 (UL) FFS Product Catalog.pdf||55.99 MB|
|FFS-0807 (EN) Product Catalogue.pdf||48.43 MB|
|FFS-0367 (UL) Site Starters Ordering Guide.pdf||52.07 MB|
|TB013 Installing Manifolded STPsISTs wMLDs.pdf||0.4 MB|
|400439002RU r3 STP-MLD+ Installation Guide.pdf||0.84 MB|
|400439002 STP-MLD-Plus Installation Guid.pdf||0.78 MB|
|400439001 STP-MLD Installation Guide.pdf||0.1 MB|
|400439002SP r3 STP-MLD+ Install.pdf||0.8 MB|
|400439002FR r3 STP-MLDPlus Install.pdf||0.81 MB|
|400439002CN r3 STP-MLD+ Install.pdf||1.35 MB|