The secondary containment monitoring (SCM) system detects leaks in double-wall piping, tanks, and containment sumps. The system utilizes the siphon/vacuum port of a submersible turbine pump to draw a vacuum on these interstitial spaces. The vacuum levels are then continuously monitored to detect any potential leaks in these double-wall containments.
DOUBLE WALL PIPE, CONTAINMENT, & PIPE MONITORING
Up to four different interstitial spaces can be connected to each submersible turbine pump using a combination of single and dual channel TS-SCCM secondary containment control modules and secondary syphon ports. The secondary containment control module collects information on all interstitial spaces and delivers it to an EVO Series ATG for reporting and alarms.
Secondary containment monitoring uses the siphon port of the submersible turbine pump to draw and maintain a vacuum on the secondary containments of lines, sumps, tanks and vapor lines. During installation a calibrated leak is introduced during the AUTO-LEARN™ process which allows the system to learn the vacuum characteristics of each containment space. The vacuum level is continuously monitored and compared to established leak rates to ensure that the secondary containment is tight.
- Operating vacuum level: -2 to -6 inHg
- Available software option on TS-550 evo™, TS-5000 evo™ and TS-EMS fuel management systems.
- TS-420IB, TS-RLY and TS-ACI modules and the TS-SCM software option must be ordered and installed in the tank gauge console.
- Requires TS-SCCM secondary containment control module consisting of pressure sensor(s) and solenoid valve(s).
- Requires syphon check valve to connect to STP manifold.
- Containments to be monitored must terminate inside the submersible turbine pump containment.
- Installer must verify the vacuum limitation of each containment with its manufacturer prior to installation.
- Secondary containment control module
- Vacuum line to secondary contained pipe
- Pipe fitting with integrated test port
- Secondary contained pipe
- Vacuum line to secondary contained tank
- Tank installation kit
- Line weight (included with tank install kit)
- Syphon check valve
- TS-550 evo™ with SCM software
- Meets all requirements of California AB2481.
- National Work Group approved.
Secondary Containment Control Modules
|TS-SCMCAL||Leak generator kit, one per station|
|TS-SCCM/1||Single channel secondary containment control module|
|TS-SCCM/2||Dual channel secondary containment control module|
|VS-SCCM/1||220 VAC single channel secondary containment control module|
|VS-SCCM/2||220 VAC dual channel secondary containment control module|
Secondary Containment Installation Kits
|TSP-SCLSI||Product, vapor line and sump containment install kit|
|TSP-SCTK2||Tank containment install kit for 2" NPT risers, in-tank hose sold separately|
|TSP-SCTK2B||Tank containment install kit for 2" BSP risers, in-tank hose sold separately|
|TSP-SCTK4||Tank containment install kit for 4" NPT risers, in-tank hose sold separately|
|TSP-SCTK4B||Tank containment install kit for 4" NSP risers, in-tank hose sold separately|
Secondary Containment Accessories
|400137908||Syphon check valve, alcohol-gasoline compatible (when ordered with STP/IST)|
|TSP-SCBRB||¼" NPT barbed fittings (Qty 5)|
|TSP-SCBRBT||¼" NPT barbed T-fitting|
|TSP-SCCLP||Hose clamps (Qty 5)|
|TSP-SCTB100||100' vacuum hose|
|TSP-SCTB25||25' vacuum hose|
|TSP-SCTB50||50' vacuum hose|
|TSP-SCVLV||Schrader valves (Qty 5)|
|FFS-0580 Secondary Containment Monitoring Datasheet.pdf||1.32 MB|
|FFS-0216 (UL) FFS Product Catalog.pdf||20.25 MB|
|FFS-0220 (EN) Fuel Management Systems Catalogue.pdf||14.45 MB|