Digital Inventory Probes
Digital Inventory Probes
Digital inventory and leak detection probes provide accurate tank level monitoring and reporting with optional leak detection capabilities. These probes employ digital communications and magnetostrictive position measurement technology for highly accurate tank readings.
HIGHLY ACCURATE TANK MONITORING
The advanced capabilities of digital probes provide highly accurate inventory management and tank leak detection with fast and simple installation and setup. Pair with the EVO™ Series and a float kit for accurate tank level measurement.
The digital probes’ advanced design and communication capabilities allow for a faster installation and setup.
Bottom Mount Installation
With no hanging installation kit needed, the probe can simply be placed in the tank riser and rested on the tank bottom.
The probe automatically sends important setup data to the tank gauge eliminating manual input by technicians. This data includes probe gradient, probe type, length, and serial number.
The screw-in electrical connector provides quick installation or removal, eliminating the need to re-splice wires.
Suitable for use with gasoline, diesel, DEF/AdBlue®, and other manufacturer approved products, digital probes can be paired with our float kits for advanced inventory monitoring and control.
Standard Gas & Diesel Float Kits
Standard gas & diesel floats kits come complete with a product and water float. Available in both 4” and 2” options, a float kit is paired with each probe to collect fuel and water level information.
Phase Separation Float Kits
Protect your site from the dangers of undetected ethanol phase separation. Detect both water and phase separation with a single float kit. Manage product levels and be alerted to high water or phase separation levels in tanks.
Density Measurement Kits
Ensure fuel quality and prevent cross-dropping with density measurement float kits. When paired with Leak Detection probes these kits not only allow you to monitor product and water levels, they also give you the ability to monitor the quality of the fuel.
- Operating temperature: -40° to 140 °F (-40° to 60 °C)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 158 °F (-40° to 70 °C)
- Non-linearity: ±0.025% of full scale
- Repeatability: ±0.001"
- Temperature sensors: 5 thermistors located in the shaft
- Temperature resolution: ±0.02 °F (±0.01 °C)
- Probe pigtail: 10' long three conductor cables with shields and polyurethane jacket
- Compatible with up to three floats for product, water, phase separation detection, or density measurement.
- Compatible with Franklin Fueling Systems tank gauges including: EVO™ Series, TS-5, TS-550, TS-5000, Colibri®, TS-1001/2011/750/504/508.
- Fuel compatibility:
- Diesel with or without biodiesel blends up to 5% (B5)
- Diesel with biodiesel blends between 6% - 20% (B6 - B20)
- Diesel with biodiesel blends between 97% - 100% (B99 - B100)
- Gasoline with ethanol blends up to 10% (E10)
- Mid-range ethanol/gasoline blends of (E15-20)
- High-range ethanol/gasoline blends (E51-83), commercially sold as E85
Digital probes feature exceptional linearity, resolution, and stability, and are used in underground and aboveground storage tanks. Two types of probes are available for the following applications:
- The leak detection probes are typically used for underground storage tanks and petroleum applications when static or SCALD leak detection is required.
- The inventory control probes are typically used for aboveground storage tanks, chemical or oil waste, or underground storage tanks that do not require in-tank leak detection.
- UL & cUL listed, ATEX, IECEx
An electromagnetic field is created inside the probe head and forms around a long waveguide within the probe shaft when position measurements are taken. The electromagnetic field interacts with the magnetic field of the float(s) and produces a shock wave in the waveguide that travels at a known speed. When the shock wave is detected at the probe head, the probe creates a signal that corresponds precisely to the product level. Product expansion calculations are enabled by temperature sensors that are located at various points in the probe shaft.
- Probe head
- Bottom mount fitting
- Probe shaft
- 2" or 4" gas or diesel product float (sold as kit with water float)
- 2" or 4" gas or diesel water floats (sold as kit with product float)
- Precision or standard density float kit
- Phase separation float kit
- Low level water float kit for diesel
- LPG float
- Chemical float
Leak Detection Probes
|FMP-LL3-101||8' digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-113||9' digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-125||10' digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-131||10'6" digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-137||11' digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-149||12' digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-29||2' digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-41||3' digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-53||4' digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-65||5' digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-69||5'4" digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-77||6' digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-81||6'4" digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-89||7' digital leak detection probe|
Inventory Control Probes
|FMP-LL3-101-I||8' digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-113-I||9' digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-125-I||10' digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-131-I||10'6" digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-137-I||11' digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-149-I||12' digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-29-I||2' digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-41-I||3' digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-53-I||4' digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-65-I||5' digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-69-I||5'4" digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-77-I||6' digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-81-I||6'4" digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-89-I||7' digital inventory control probe|
|FFS-0434 Digital Inventory & Leak Detection Probes Datasheet.pdf||1.08 MB|
|FFS-0550 Digital Inventory & Leak Detection Probes Brochure.pdf||1.42 MB|
|FFS-0216 (UL) FFS Product Catalog.pdf||55.99 MB|
|FFS-0807 (EN) Product Catalogue.pdf||48.43 MB|
|FFS-0367 (UL) Site Starters Ordering Guide.pdf||52.07 MB|
|FFS-0850 Franklin Fueling Systems Innovations Guide - Volume 2.pdf||18.2 MB|
|409723001 FMP-LL3 Probe Install Guide.pdf||2.33 MB|
|409723001FR r3 FMP-LL3 Probe Install.pdf||1.42 MB|
|TB0318-01 Digital Probe Backwards Compatibility.pdf||0.37 MB|
|TB0920-01 Fuel System Wiring Best Practices.pdf||1.51 MB|
|TB0420-03 Field Wiring Cable Selection Guide.pdf||0.54 MB|
|TB0123-01 LL3 and LL2 Probe Removal Instructions.pdf||0.05 MB|