Flexible Inventory Probes
Flexible Inventory Probes
Whether you are working in a tight, low-overhead space or a high aboveground storage tank, our flexible probes are designed to accommodate your tanks.
A FLEXIBLE PROBE SOLUTION
Like our standard rigid probes, flexible inventory probes provide reliable and accurate inventory management for otherwise difficult installation applications. Available in lengths for tanks ranging from 4’ to 68’ (1,219 mm - 20,726mm).
The flexible probe installation kit includes several design features which ensure accurate installation in large storage tank applications.
A 16” (406 mm) stainless steel sleeve guides the probe into place and ensures proper vertical alignment.
The adjustable compression fitting allows for variable height adjustment, giving you the ability to set the probe depth with precision.
Consistent Tank Readings
The guides and fitting make sure that the probe is installed correctly, thereby ensuring accurate and consistent level readings.
The water and product level float kits are designed specifically to provide accurate inventory levels on flexible probes no matter what the application is.
Flexible probes can provide accurate inventory level management for up to 5,875,000 gallon (22,200,000 liters) tanks.
Each flexible probe comes with a stainless steel probe weight and pin to help keep the probe properly aligned in large storage tanks.
Float kits are available in 2”, 3” and 4” diameters for both diesel and gasoline float kits are available.
Flexible probes are ideal for aboveground storage tank applications where probes are installed at higher levels.
The flexibility of the probe allows the installer to take the entire probe to the top of the tank, uncoil it, and then install it.
Avoid Danger at Height
A long rigid probe can be difficult and dangerous to position and install at large heights.
Transporting a longer rigid probe takes up significantly more space than a flexible probe.
Flexible probes make installing in spaces with little overhead clearance, like indoor generator tank applications, easy to carry out.
Minimal Install Space
Fitting a rigid probe down into a tank indoors can be next to impossible, unlike flexible probes that can be installed with minimal space required.
Uncoil & Install
A flexible probe can be uncoiled and fed directly into the tank within a small amount of space.
An included probe weight fits at the bottom of the probe and helps to pull the probe into place.
When a flexible probe takes a measurement an electromagnetic pulse is created inside the probe and travels down a long waveguide within the probe shaft. When the pulse encounters the magnetic field of one of the floats a portion of the pulse is reflected back to the probe head. When the reflected pulse is detected at the probe head the data is sent to the automatic tank gauge and a precise product level is displayed. A temperature sensor located on the probe shaft allows the automatic tank gauge to compensate for temperature related expansion or contraction of the product.
- Input voltage: 16 to 31 VDC
- Resolution: 0.010” (0.254 mm)
- Linearity: +/- 0.01% of full scale, +/- 0.010 inch (.254 mm), whichever is greater
- Repeatability: +/- 0.001% of full scale, +/- 0.00025 inch (0.0064 mm), whichever is greater
- Temperature accuracy: Absolute +/- 2 °F (+/- 1.11 °C)
- Temperature measurement resolution: +/- 0.01 °F (0.02 °C)
- Temperature sensing range: -40 °F to 150 °F (-40 °C to 66 °C)
- Operating temperature range: -40 °F to 158 °F (-40 °C to 70 °C)
- Maximum tank capacity: 5,875,000 gal (22,200,000 liters)
- Total float capability: 2 floats
- Environment: NEMA 4
- Probe material: PVDF (polyvinylidene flouride)
- Weight and weight pin material: stainless steel
- Includes 2’ (610 mm) cable (for additional cable, order P/N 88761 for 500 feet (152 m) or P/N 88760 for 1,000 feet (305 m).
- Compatible with :
- EVO™ 200 and EVO™ 400 fuel management systems with software version 3.3.1 or later
- EVO™ 550 and EVO™ 5000 fuel management systems with software version 22.214.171.12440 or later.
- Colibri® Automatic Tank Gauge with software version 126.96.36.19943 or later.
- Use appropriate flexible probe installation kit for installing flexible probes.
- Use appropriate flexible probe float kits only.
- Flexible probe shaft
- Product float
- Spacer (included in probe models greater than 23')
- Water float
- Weight pin
- Probe head, ¾” NPT
- Adjustable compression fitting, 1” NPT
- 16” (610 mm) installation sleeve, 3/4” NPT (optional)
- Dead Band Space (between 6.35" and 19.35")
- Null Zone (no detection for top 12" to 16")
- UL & cUL listed, ATEX, IECEx
|FFS-0425 Flexible Probes Datasheet.pdf||0.9 MB|
|FFS-0428 Flexible Probes Brochure.pdf||9.53 MB|
|FFS-0216 (UL) FFS Product Catalog.pdf||55.99 MB|
|FFS-0807 (EN) Product Catalogue.pdf||48.43 MB|
|FFS-0367 (UL) Site Starters Ordering Guide.pdf||52.07 MB|
|FFS-0850 Franklin Fueling Systems Innovations Guide - Volume 2.pdf||18.2 MB|
|TB0718-02 Removing the Flexible Prove Safely.pdf||0.54 MB|
|409710001 Flex Probe Installation and Programming Guide.pdf||1.53 MB|
|409710001FR r2 Flex Probe Installation and Programming Guide.pdf||1.58 MB|